12 nonpartisan, patient and provider groups representing millions of Americans issued the following statement today ahead of the Senate procedural vote to advance repeal of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (ACA):
“A vote to proceed with this legislation is a vote to end health coverage for tens of millions of Americans. According to the Congressional Budget Office, repealing the ACA without a replacement would result in 32 million Americans losing health coverage. Additionally, repealing the ACA and replacing it with one of the alternatives proposed by the House or Senate would result in between 22 and 23 million Americans losing vital health coverage.
This current path is unacceptable for the millions of Americans we represent. We urge the Senate to vote ‘no’ on this motion, and instead work towards a bipartisan approach that strengthens our health care system and ensures access to affordable and adequate health coverage for all Americans.”
The 12 national patient-advocacy organizations are:
American Diabetes Association
American Heart Association
American Lung Association
Cancer Action Network
Cystic Fibrosis Foundation
March of Dimes
Muscular Dystrophy Association
National Health Council
National Multiple Sclerosis Society
National Organization for Rare Disorders
The National MS Society is a collective of passionate individuals who want to do something about MS now—to move together toward a world free of multiple sclerosis. MS stops people from moving. We exist to make sure it doesn’t.
- We help each person address the challenges of living with MS through our 50-state network of chapters. The Society helps people affected by MS by funding cutting-edge research, driving change through advocacy, facilitating professional education, and providing programs and services that help people with MS and their families move their lives forward.
- We are moving research forward by relentlessly pursuing prevention, treatment and cure.
- We are moving to reach out and respond to individuals, families and communities living with multiple sclerosis.
- We are moving politicians and legislation to champion the needs of people with MS through activism, advocacy and influence.
- We are moving to mobilize the millions of people who want to do something about MS now.
Phone: 1-800-344-4867 — Website: http://www.nationalmssociety.org/
MS Unites has proudly been approved by The National Multiple Sclerosis Society to provide information, utilize content, videos and online materials produced by The US National Multiple Sclerosis Society as well as support initiatives and events.